Firstly I'll be working with & hanging out with the talented team at the Lilla Rogers studio & I hope to squeeze in a little sight seeing around the wonderful city of Boston. This will be the first time that I will meet the team in person (since joining the studio at the end of last year). I'm so EXCITED!
After a five night stay in Boston I'll be flying to to Baltimore to teach workshops & deliver a public lecture at MICA Maryland Institute College Of Art. It was such an honour to be invited by the talented Rebecca Bradley (Rebecca is also one of Lilla's artists & a fantastic tutor) to teach at such a wonderful college.
"MICA has become the leader in the education of artists and designers by fostering a community of talented, creative individuals committed to redefining the boundaries of art and design and to expanding their own vision and perspective through rigorous study.
- Ranked in the top 10 of MFA programs in the visual arts, #3 in Graphic Design, and #5 in Painting/Drawing by U.S. News & World Report
- In each of the past six years, MICA has been listed as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars among specialty schools by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and was ranked No. 1 in 2008-09 and in 2012-13
- Named one of the top two studio arts programs in the country by Parade magazine
- Listed among the 25 best U.S. design schools by ID magazine
- Selected as a top 20 U.S. design school by GDUSA magazine
- The Princeton Review named MICA a "Best Northeastern College" each of the last seven years
- Enrolled 100% of Presidential Scholars in visual arts and photography who selected an art college in 2008 and 2012—consistently enrolls the most Presidential Scholars in visual arts
- Founded in 1826—the oldest continuously degree-granting college of art in the nation"
Stay tuned as I will be sharing news, images & blog posts from the trip along with writing a full article in issue six of MOYO magazine.
(The public lecture will be held at 12.15pm on Thursday the 24th of October, Graduate Studio Center Auditorium).
Beautiful examples (above) from Rebecca's portfolio