Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Module 1 Showcase - Part 3

We are thrilled to showcase some more of the beautiful work from our Module 1 class of designers. We are very proud of the beautiful work this class submitted from the e-course!



Illustrative 'Safari' by Emily Thomas 

Even though I have a degree in textile design I still learned so much! I loved the sketching part of the course and learned how to draw and use mark making and new equipment in different ways, I  dipped an old tooth brush in ink and made really interesting marks with that, which have featured in one of my designs! I feel like my designs are so much more interesting and visually exciting now than they were before the course.


Colourful 'Peg Doll Party' by Alison Mac Cormaic

I have enjoyed every week of the course and continue to do so as there are many exercises that I will be going back over. The classes that stand out for me were finding your own colour combinations around the house and the encouragement to develop and identify our own style. I haven't quite figured mine out yet but am much further along the way. Looking forward to the next module already.


Warm 'Sunshine' by Beata Aghoson

This course was wonderful! I enjoyed the process of learning about my style. The most important thing I learnt was the steps to take in Photoshop and Illustrator to be able to manipulate my mixed media paintings. A whole new world opened up to me! I would like to thank you all for putting this course together. Looking forward to the next Modules!


Bold 'Ruffen & Friends Black' by Camilla Foss

Most powerful element of the course:
Helped me not only retrieve my style but also believe in it!



Naturalistic 'Bubblegum Woodland' by Gavin Rutherford

For me the most significant part of the course was it's exploration of colour. Having worked predominantly in black and white in the past, the course provided me with a great opportunity to try new palettes and improve my understanding of colour within the context of pattern design. This really helped me to loosen up my style and get me out of my comfort zone.


Layered 'Saltdean' by Jessica Gray

The most powerful aspect of the course for me was the pure enjoyment I got from the tasks set; sketching from inspirations, playing with colour palette and exploring design styles.This course has pushed me in directions I would never naturally explore by myself and through this, has opened up other areas of design potential.


Bright 'Celebration' by Leah Lovering Jack

 The most powerful element of this course was week 1 - Inspiration. It re-awakened my creative soul and made me look at the world through new eyes. By the end of week 5 I felt more focused and confident as a designer and now have a strong and true vision for my patterns and ideas.



Feminine 'Hummingbird and Sunflower' by Lisa Yvette Harbin

The Art and Business of Surface pattern Design course has inspired me to move out of my comfort zone and challenge myself with design, and patterns. One element of the course that has helped me as a designer, was learning how to work with patterns and adding textures to my design. It has given me a new direction. I can't wait until Module 2.


Hand-drawn 'Folk Stories' by Magda Szwedowska

These past 5 weeks have been one of the most creative times in my adult life. The course is truly a life-changer and it empowered me to pursue my dream of becoming a surface pattern designer. I never imagined you could learn so much on an online course and that it could be such a joy to be part of a community of like minded pattern lovers. Thank you!


Directional 'Painted Zig-Zag' by Rachel Bennett 

As well as learning new photoshop and illustrator skills, this course enabled me to loosen up, experiment and hone my style and method of working as a designer. I found it extremely beneficial as it got me motivated and enthused to start my new collection!


Organic 'Magic Garden' by Teresa Kirk

Just to let you know that I have loved the course and its been just what I needed. There are plenty of tutorials to get stuck into and they're fun, and the technical info the course covers is invaluable (some of this sort of info can be hard to come by otherwise). And the Facebook group of other coursemates really makes the course special. It's so nice to see what other people on the course are doing and the group is really supportive! Do this course!!


Seasonal 'Winter Walk on Primrose Hill' by Ulrike Woiwode

The most important elements of the Module 1 Course for me were about finding inspiration, mark making, finding your motif and sketching. I finally dared to pick up a pen and draw on a sheet of paper instead of designing on the computer. And I learned how important it is to find your own style and that this creative process might take some time for me to develop. Thanks Rachel for sharing your vast experience with us and to guide us on the journey!

If you are interested in ‘The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design (the e-course)’ we are thrilled to announce we are running a new series (starting on August 19th 2013). Register here. Also, don’t miss out on our next run of Module 2 ‘Creating Your Professional identity’ which is running 19th August 2013! The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design featuring Rachael Taylor Module 1: Designing your way Module 2: Creating your professional identity Module 3: Monetising your designs pattern@dowhatyouloveforlife.com ... brought to you by Rachael Taylor and Beth Nicholls Rachael on Twitter: @rachtdesign Beth on Twitter: @DoWhatYouLoveXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...