Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The year that changed me & one inspiring lady!

Hi everyone this is a special little one off post, I've been so busy (CRAZY busy) over the last six months or so, I've now found time to reflect & slow down (well only a little...). Since flying solo in 2008 my life has been one exciting roller coaster, there have been been many sacrifices, highs & lows & mistakes... but I've loved every minute. I've always been ambitious & a bit of a workaholic! I'm fortunate to be doing what I love & this is something that I will never take for granted.

So in the last year my business really has gone above & beyond my expectations, not only only has my studio grown, my licensing is really booming & I have begun to write! Yes write! (with thanks to Beth's wonderful editing!) You may remember me blogging about the AMAZING 'Do What You Love' retreat last year. The retreat & one very inspiring lady called Beth Nicholls has really made an impact on my life & changed it for the better!

I've always been a little spontaneous, a risk taker & little crazy (some might say) but meeting Beth really has opened up a whole new world for me both professionally & personally. For those of you who follow the blog will know I collaborated with Beth to set up and launch a brand new e-course called 'The Art & Business of Surface Pattern Design'. The course has gone from strength to strength & so many wonderful new doors have opened for me. I've always aimed high, gone for things, followed my dreams & trusted my instincts but just working with Beth has really rubbed off on me. She's kind of turned my world upside down... in a very good way! I now have more courage to raise the bar with my business and plan BIG! EXCITING! She has also given me the travel bug! I want to explore & see the world a little more, who knows I may get to meet all of my wonderful e-course students one day?

Beth found me by simply buying a piece of my art in a local gallery, I've always believed in fate & that things happen for a reason... I know to trust myself, my instincts & learn from others. It's important to surround yourself with like minded people who believe in your dreams & bring out the best in you.

I'm also lucky enough to have the most lovely supportive friends & family along with an amazing supportive professional network. I'm forever grateful, I really wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their encouragement!

Sorry for the deep post, a lot has happened in a year... My studio has also just celebrated it's fourth year in business! I love the unknown & not knowing what is going to happen next.

Beth runs her own inspiring e-course & you can listen to a wonderful interview with Beth & Monica Lee online here. I hope this post has inspired you to take a risk, you never know where it will take you!


The lovely Beth Nicholls of Do What You Love
(image credit Tiffany Kirchner Dixon)


Inspiring image taken from Pinterest


The lovely retreat! It was exactly a year ago, can you believe it?


Image credit (above & below) Navyblur



A few images from my solo charity sky dive, it was only just over a year ago!


 An inspiring image recently taken in Barcelona!

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who follows & supports my work too, I wouldn't be here without you!

17 comments:

  1. Woheeeeeeee x fab-tastic-O ! x x lovely read x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you took the "change your life" bug with you and spread it towards a bunch of people, Racahel. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologise. The deep ones are always the best. Well done Rachael Tayler! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Rachael! I wish you continued success and happiness for you! (and Beth too, of course!). As one of your "pioneer" ABSPD students (along with Bethania) I really appreciate that you are a risk taker and aim high!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. We got to know you a bit better and that is always fantastic. Your warmth comes through with your honesty, love that. Love having you and Beth as part of "my history" both in career, in an online community and in learning. Thanks to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Rachael, next year will be even better I bet! You have done so much, it's brilliant. X Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post Rachael… Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess Beth has an influence on every person she meets :) Love that lady. I am so encouraged with your story right now. I needed it. Seriously! Plus - your designs put a smile on my face every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for that little sneak peek into your personal life. Both yourself and Beth have been very influential on my creative life...and I have never even met either of you:) Thanks for the inspiration and ,more importantly, the constant encouragement to continue on this path. It is very appreciated! Ok..did you seriously jump out of a plane? I have a whole new found respect..... Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone, I still can't believe that people read my blog!:) Your words & support means a lot to me.

    Yes I jumped out of a plane! The first time I sky dived I decided to jump out on my own, it was so scary yet AMAZING!

    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing you're talent and energy are boundless!Great photo of Beth - and the cushions look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rachael, I've been following your blog and reading your comments for a few months now, and it's people like you and Beth who help to reinforce why we (business women) do all this. Running your own business is hard work, it takes such dedication, determination and strength, and the ability to have a vision that's always evolving!

    A big thank you to you guys for sharing your highs and lows, and showing those of us who are still finding our way in the creative industry how to be a success. It makes me feel proud to be part of this unique group of go-getting ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blog, and as Rachael mentions above great to hear all the highs and lows as running your own business in by no means plain sailing. Enjoying every minute of your e-course. Your enthusiasm is very inspiring and motivating. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. So touched that my goose pimples/ or is it bumps stood up!

    And talking of fate, I must add that, thanks to meeting Beth through google I met you. And without hesitation I mailed as my inner voice side that the way to go. And today dear Racheal, you have given me everything I needed to know and even more on surface Patterns. Thank you and keep inspiring!

    Thank you Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post Rachael. You've done so much so young - it's wonderful. Reading this inspires me to be braver in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...