Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beauty Breakdown: Orla Kiely

Good morning creative people!
Welcome to a Beauty morning with me, MaJo :) Every Thursday I'll delight you with gorgeously packed beauty products (and every now and then, I'll even throw you a beauty secret).

Today I'm showing you the beauty packaging of one of my favorite surface pattern designers: Orla Kiely. Orla Kiely is an Irish designer moved to London to make her dreams come true. Her work is absolutely fascinating in spite of its minimal shapes. I love her retro and Scandinavian influences, as well as her amazing use of color. She's been called by The Guardian the 'Queen of Prints' so she must definitely be in any surface pattern designer radar, and I couldn't miss showing you her amazing work used on beauty products. Enjoy :D
image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired
image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired
image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

image courtesy of Orla Kiely
image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

image courtesy of Keep Me Inspired

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read. See you next week with more inspiring designs. Have a great day, MaJo.

3 comments:

  1. Love Orla Kiely, she's one of my favourite designers. Such a beautiful colour palette and restrained design. Thanks Majo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only say YUM, YUM and more YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always really liked Orla Keily's patterns, they remind me of the 70s and the colours are lovely.

    I hope she comes out with something new soon though because the pattern hasn't been changed much for years now. I'd like to see what else she has up her sleeve for u.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...