Module 4 will run for the first time MARCH 24 - MAY 10 2014. PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED in order to allow individual design reviews for every class participant, so book your place now! Instalment plans are available - see this page for details.
Module 4 includes:
- Weekly LIVE briefs from real companies
- A series of video-based technical masterclasses to hone your professional design skills
- A series of advanced design challenges to help you grow as a designer and build a strong, sellable portfolio
- Insight into the practicalities of managing a growing design studio
- A whole host of downloadable templates
- Opportunity to put questions to Rachael Taylor
- Individual work reviews from a flourishing designer*
- Six months' extended access to class materials once class has finished
This is a rare opportunity to build your commercial portfolio in a structured way, with the support and guidance to boost your confidence and make you raring to go!
Video-based technical masterclasses
This module includes a series of 10+ advanced video-based masterclasses including the following topics:
- Character design (hand-drawn and graphic)
- Typography (traditional and contemporary)
- Using mixed media, textures & collage in pattern design
- Using photography in pattern design
- Advanced repeats
- Advanced mockups
PLUS You will also get access to a library of textures and media to use. Each video will be supported by a PDF transcript including step-by-step visuals. This is an advanced class and you will need to be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to get the most out of this module. Please note we do not offer technical guidance for any other software programmes (including free software).
This is for you if:
- You want to be stretched and challenged as a designer to create new work and expand your design comfort zone
- You want to strengthen and build your portfolio quickly, with pieces that are commercially viable
- You want advanced technical guidance for developing sophisticated work
- You want to learn more about putting strong collections together
- You want to work more on developing your signature style
- You want to become part of a supportive community of fellow designers
- You have graduated from Module 3 of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design (although this is not a pre-requisite if you already have some design experience)
PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED in order to allow individual design reviews for every class participant, so book your place now! Instalment plans are available - see this page for details.