Monday, December 12, 2011

Design Preview

I was recently invited to attend my a design show called 'Half Way There' at 'The University of Leeds'. It was a great event showcasing work from rising young talent as they met their mid year deadlines. It was great to get a sneak peek at the work from the graphics, fashion, textiles & surface pattern design students. I loved visiting the design school (as I'm a former student) & it was lovely to catch up with students that I've had in on work experience also. I lectured at the uni last year & I'm looking forward to returning in 2012.

I attended the event with my colleague Beth Nicholls it was inspiring for us to see and really relevant to our surface pattern e-course. We were really impressed by the work, the unique ideas coming through along with a lot of strong commercial pieces too.

Here are some images from the show, along with a few of my personal favourites, you can also read Beth's blog post here.


 
 Black & white design by Jennifer Munden

 *Bright foliage design by Hannah Barton


  *Huts by Jeanna Holson
*Illustrative bicycles & caravans by Jessica Osborne

 *Quirky cameras by Kelly Crossley



*Photographs courtesy of Beth Nicholls - All artwork is subject to coyright.
(The University of Leeds - 2011) Images shown are from a selection of 2nd & 3rd year students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...